4-bit binary subtractor

by electro-man
Tags: 4bit, binary, subtractor
electro-man
Mar21-05, 07:11 PM
P: 6
Hello folks :

the task is to design a circuit which subtracts 4 bit binary number a3,a2,a1,a0 and b3...b0. the MSB is a sign bit.

Assume that you are given half-adders and full-adders, i.e. you don't have to design the logic of the half-adder or full adder chip.
the two numbers are fed into the circuit on 2 serial lines and the output is also read out serially.

Please have look at the attachement and Let me know if its Correct!!!

Thanks!!!

electro ;)
Attached Files
File Type: doc subtractserial.doc (24.5 KB, 245 views)
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
WSU innovation improves drowsy driver detection
Faster computation of electromagnetic interference on an electronic circuit board
electro-man
Mar22-05, 02:27 AM
c'mon jack asses move ur *** and check the ans. atleast!!

or r u all That dumb???
egsmith
Mar22-05, 01:35 PM
P: 53
c = a - b (1)
c = a + 2comp(b) (2)
c = a + ~b + 1 (3)

All three equations are equivalent. Surely you can implement equation 3 on your own, especially since you have adders available.
Or are you that dumb?

electro-man
Mar22-05, 05:41 PM

4-bit binary subtractor

Quote Quote by egsmith
c = a - b (1)
c = a + 2comp(b) (2)
c = a + ~b + 1 (3)

All three equations are equivalent. Surely you can implement equation 3 on your own, especially since you have adders available.
Or are you that dumb?

You didn't tell me anything about the "figure" attached I just wanted to know if its OK ?
u
Ouabache
Mar24-05, 12:37 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,327
Quote Quote by electro-man
Hello folks :

the task is to design a circuit which subtracts 4 bit binary number a3,a2,a1,a0 and b3...b0. the MSB is a sign bit.

Assume that you are given half-adders and full-adders, i.e. you don't have to design the logic of the half-adder or full adder chip.
the two numbers are fed into the circuit on 2 serial lines and the output is also read out serially.

Please have look at the attachement and Let me know if its Correct!!!

Thanks!!!

electro ;)
I believe the reason you haven't gotten many responses is because we're not here to check homework. If you had a specific problem that you couldn't figure out, we may be able to steer you in the right direction.
electro-man
Mar25-05, 01:17 AM
Quote Quote by Ouabache
I believe the reason you haven't gotten many responses is because we're not here to check homework. If you had a specific problem that you couldn't figure out, we may be able to steer you in the right direction.

Or may be u're not "good enough" to see the answer and if wrong, "steer" as you say, in the right direction!
Kenneth Mann
Mar29-05, 06:22 AM
P: 410
Or may be u're not "good enough" to see the answer and if wrong, "steer" as you say, in the right direction!
I suggest that you reconsider your approach. There are surely several here who can be of assistance but won't. The people you are dealing with here are adults, and adults don't respond to goading.

KM
Maxwell
Mar29-05, 02:41 PM
P: 530
c'mon jack asses move ur *** and check the ans. atleast!!

or r u all That dumb???
You can't be serious? Why would anyone want to help you when you act like this? I sure as hell won't.

Register to reply