An essay regarding bio-chemical adjustment

by Gliese123
Tags: biochemical, essay
Gliese123
May19-13, 04:39 AM
P: 141
Hello dear PF-members.
(I'm terribly sorry if this thread is made in the wrong place. Please, if so, change its location.)

So, I'm writing a final essay in biology class (high school) and we got to pick whatever we wanted to write about more extensively. I stuck for the chemical adjustments in the body and all that.
So I'm aware of that hormones are the central topic in this essay and I've written a lot of amino acid based hormones (peptide hormones) and steroid hormones.
Now to my question: Could I add neurotransmitters and write about the substances regarding that without "flying away" to much off topic? And could there be anything else that'd be worth adding to the essay? Thx!
Phys.Org News Partner Biology news on Phys.org
Citizen scientists match research tool when counting sharks
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
First sex determining genes appeared in mammals 180 million years ago
DiracPool
May19-13, 05:11 AM
P: 492
Quote Quote by Gliese123 View Post
Now to my question: Could I add neurotransmitters and write about the substances regarding that without "flying away" to much off topic? And could there be anything else that'd be worth adding to the essay? Thx!
Adding the influence of neurotransmitters in your paper is definitely ON-topic. The collective what you are referring to is called "neuromodulation." This article should give you some material for your essay:

http://www.brainfacts.org/brain-basi...-and-the-body/
Gliese123
May19-13, 06:21 AM
P: 141
Quote Quote by DiracPool View Post
Adding the influence of neurotransmitters in your paper is definitely ON-topic. The collective what you are referring to is called "neuromodulation." This article should give you some material for your essay:

http://www.brainfacts.org/brain-basi...-and-the-body/
Thank you a lot :)

Register to reply