Mathematical Integral in Neuroscience Paper

Share this thread:
madness
Jun11-13, 06:30 AM
P: 611
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting a mathematical result in the following paper:

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10....853-6_4#page-1

In particular, I can't figure out how they reach equation 7. They use equations (3) and (5), and I think they discard a lot of the terms in the integral based on the assumption that A decays exponentially or faster. I think they also use the symmetry of the integral to change the limits. Can any one figure it out?
Phys.Org News Partner Biology news on Phys.org
Molecular gate that could keep cancer cells locked up
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
Man 'expelled from Croatia for punching monk seal'
DiracPool
Jun11-13, 07:39 AM
P: 537
Well, madman, if you wanted to send me 30 clams (US), I may be able to look into that for you since I can only get the abstract without paying. I'd use my own money, but I'm saving the $30 to go see "Man of steel" this weekend after loading up for the fun with a few tacos Sorry.
atyy
Jun11-13, 09:37 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 8,396
Quote Quote by DiracPool View Post
Well, madman, if you wanted to send me 30 clams (US), I may be able to look into that for you since I can only get the abstract without paying. I'd use my own money, but I'm saving the $30 to go see "Man of steel" this weekend after loading up for the fun with a few tacos Sorry.
You'd earn $0.05! Or maybe not, final prices depend on local VAT ....

alangerman
Jun14-13, 12:15 PM
P: 1
Mathematical Integral in Neuroscience Paper

The cited paper has been collected and published in a book "Dynamic Brain - from Neural Spikes to Behaviors: 12th International Summer School on Neural Networks, Erice, Italy, December 5-12, 2007, Revised". I found it on amazon.com. The key point is that amazon allows for searching inside the book. By searching on "Yoshioka" (one of the coauthors of the paper), I was able to find the paper and scroll to the relevant page. I was stimulated by the searching problem, not the neuroscience and I can't help with the derivation. But now atyy can both look at the paper for free and watch Superman. What a great start to the weekend!

Register to reply