Mathematical Integral in Neuroscience Paper

Share this thread:
madness
Jun11-13, 06:30 AM
P: 625
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting a mathematical result in the following paper:

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10....853-6_4#page-1

In particular, I can't figure out how they reach equation 7. They use equations (3) and (5), and I think they discard a lot of the terms in the integral based on the assumption that A decays exponentially or faster. I think they also use the symmetry of the integral to change the limits. Can any one figure it out?
Phys.Org News Partner Biology news on Phys.org
Scottish zoo: 'Bad news' for pregnant giant panda
DNA may have had humble beginnings as nutrient carrier
Central biobank for drug research
DiracPool
Jun11-13, 07:39 AM
P: 585
Well, madman, if you wanted to send me 30 clams (US), I may be able to look into that for you since I can only get the abstract without paying. I'd use my own money, but I'm saving the $30 to go see "Man of steel" this weekend after loading up for the fun with a few tacos Sorry.
atyy
Jun11-13, 09:37 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 8,665
Quote Quote by DiracPool View Post
Well, madman, if you wanted to send me 30 clams (US), I may be able to look into that for you since I can only get the abstract without paying. I'd use my own money, but I'm saving the $30 to go see "Man of steel" this weekend after loading up for the fun with a few tacos Sorry.
You'd earn $0.05! Or maybe not, final prices depend on local VAT ....

alangerman
Jun14-13, 12:15 PM
P: 1
Mathematical Integral in Neuroscience Paper

The cited paper has been collected and published in a book "Dynamic Brain - from Neural Spikes to Behaviors: 12th International Summer School on Neural Networks, Erice, Italy, December 5-12, 2007, Revised". I found it on amazon.com. The key point is that amazon allows for searching inside the book. By searching on "Yoshioka" (one of the coauthors of the paper), I was able to find the paper and scroll to the relevant page. I was stimulated by the searching problem, not the neuroscience and I can't help with the derivation. But now atyy can both look at the paper for free and watch Superman. What a great start to the weekend!

Register to reply