Register to reply

QM hidden variables, the existence of the past, etc

by Kirk Gregory Czuhai
Tags: existence, hidden, variables
Share this thread:
Kirk Gregory Czuhai
Apr12-05, 06:24 PM
P: 34
and throughout all this I get the "feeling" that most of you just expect that the "laws" of physics, (whatever they ARE) will remain unchanged thoughout the future!

This of course cannot be assumed!

Time, space, matter, of ALL types could very well come to an END in the NEXT SECOND! Can anybody PROVE me wrong?

love and peace,
and,
peace and love,
(kirk) kirk gregory czuhai
p.s. omg!, i hope NOT!
http://www.altelco.net/~churches/BlueRoses.htm
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Mysterious source of ozone-depleting chemical baffles NASA
Water leads to chemical that gunks up biofuels production
How lizards regenerate their tails: Researchers discover genetic 'recipe'
Kirk Gregory Czuhai
Apr12-05, 10:11 PM
P: 34
of course not!!! just like no one could prove beyond all doubt that the past absoultely occured just as anyONE would "INTERPRET" it.

Thus since the enviorment, or even the physics of the past, (as interpreted) by each individual will be at least slightly different for each person, it can be expected that this will influence the judgements of interpretations of the physics experiments in whatever future "experiments" the two or more people conduct in the future.

Actually to answer what "exactly" what is meant by "free will" would be better left to the Philosophy section of Physics Forums and would of course entail religious aspects for many so is not appropriate to discuss in depth here.

However as far as the "physics" is concerned, a person, can consciously make decisions early that will influence his later decisions so in this sense he/she has free will to chose in a physics sense how his future will be. I suppose in some sense this could be considered in some sense a non-locality of space time! OR EVEN TIME TRAVEL?
what does anybody think of this?
love and peace,
and,
peace and love,
p.s.
i have the bad habbit of typing urls that have nothing to do with topics under discussion and i am sorry for that. morbid sense of humor i guess. i will try harder to stop this. BUT ELECTRON DECAY? well! i am an emotional guy. i get carried away at times and get EXCITED by INTERESTING THINGS!
Nereid
Apr13-05, 07:35 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,014
Quote Quote by Kirk Gregory Czuhai
and throughout all this I get the "feeling" that most of you just expect that the "laws" of physics, (whatever they ARE) will remain unchanged thoughout the future!

This of course cannot be assumed!

Time, space, matter, of ALL types could very well come to an END in the NEXT SECOND! Can anybody PROVE me wrong?

love and peace,
and,
peace and love,
p.s. omg!, i hope NOT!
http://www.altelco.net/~churches/BlueRoses.htm
Kirk, these are good questions ... but the appropriate place to discuss them is the Philosophy section of PF - specifically, the philosophy of science.

Nereid
Apr13-05, 07:41 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,014
QM hidden variables, the existence of the past, etc

Oops! This post of mine should be at the start of this thread (sorry that it's not so easy to follow).

Here is the thread that these posts were split from ...

Register to reply