Register to reply

Where to find PhD and Masters Thesis online?

by Will
Tags: masters, thesis
Share this thread:
Will
May9-05, 11:34 PM
P: n/a
Any sites where I could read and download copies of these? I will be at this level soon, and I need some insight. One of the professors at my school (Cal Poly, SLO) has his available to read. This gave me a much better idea about what it really takes and how to go about it. I am especially interested in mechanical engineering thesis.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Flapping baby birds give clues to origin of flight
Prions can trigger 'stuck' wine fermentations, researchers find
Socially-assistive robots help kids with autism learn by providing personalized prompts
inha
May10-05, 01:51 AM
P: 576
I know some universties have some posted on their web pages. Well atleast the one I'm in does.
Pengwuino
May10-05, 02:07 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
Quote Quote by Will
Any sites where I could read and download copies of these? I will be at this level soon, and I need some insight. One of the professors at my school (Cal Poly, SLO) has his available to read. This gave me a much better idea about what it really takes and how to go about it. I am especially interested in mechanical engineering thesis.
Im very interestd in finding out too. Id like to see what i should be prepared to do in the future (always interesting to think of what you'll be able to do in teh future).

imabug
May10-05, 07:47 AM
P: 345
Where to find PhD and Masters Thesis online?

check with your school's library/libraries. They may have a bunch stored,on microfiche or in searchable database. You should be able to get a copy of a few to peruse. At the university I went to, grad students have to submit one copy of their thesis to the library where it eventually ended up in the microfiche record (that was a few years ago, don't know where they end up stored now). I believe they were also submitted to the National Library of Canada, where they ended up in microfiche. Those you can search for here
Icebreaker
May10-05, 08:22 AM
Ask your advisor, either in the department archives or in your library, but every thesis is kept, and none is thrown away, so they must be somewhere.
Will
May10-05, 08:05 PM
Quote Quote by Icebreaker
Ask your advisor, either in the department archives or in your library, but every thesis is kept, and none is thrown away, so they must be somewhere.
Our school only goes to the masters level. No PhD stuff available. So it seems that I would have to go to a particular institutions archives. Or do online archives exist?
Moonbear
May11-05, 10:08 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by Will
Our school only goes to the masters level. No PhD stuff available. So it seems that I would have to go to a particular institutions archives. Or do online archives exist?
More recent ones might be online, but I'm not sure. Older ones will be on microfiche or in hardcopies in a library somewhere. You might be able to get your hands on some via interlibrary loan. Ask your librarian for help. I'm not sure how you'd search for them, but there must be a way since they are in the library stacks.
rkmani
Jul20-09, 08:42 AM
P: 1
Check out http://www.scholarius.com It is a new venture where you will be able to upload your OWN thesis and download others PhD thesis. It is totally Open Source.
thrill3rnit3
Jul20-09, 10:38 AM
PF Gold
P: 712
lol thanks for bringing up a 4 year old thread
LewisEE
Jul21-09, 05:05 PM
P: 29
Wow.
qi_1275
Jul28-10, 08:04 AM
there is this wonderful collection which i find very interesting.. they have good way of user interface as well.

www.alldissertations.com
nbo10
Jul28-10, 05:51 PM
P: 415
try, etd.ENTER_SCHOOLE_NAME.edu. for example etd.psu.edu

I know at least a couple Universities that have thesis online.
ztluhcs
Jul28-10, 06:05 PM
P: 6
My group posts all dissertations from all past students. I wouldn't be surprised if others do as well. I would suggest finding groups that are working in a field you're interested in and checking their websites.

http://hanson.stanford.edu/index.php..._dissertations
thrill3rnit3
Jul28-10, 07:56 PM
PF Gold
P: 712
lol thanks for bringing up a 5 year old thread
Mostefa
May7-12, 04:15 PM
I need a Master thesis on Gender and political discourse in Algeria
Vanadium 50
May7-12, 05:49 PM