Register to reply

Theoretical Particle Physics Book

by beman
Tags: book, particle, physics, theoretical
Share this thread:
beman
Aug21-14, 04:04 AM
P: 10
I want a book on particle physics which contains lots of theoretical calculations.All books recommended in my class contain lots of experimental techniques and very little about
theory.I like "Introduction to Elementary Particles" by D Griffiths.Is there any book like
Griffiths?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
UCI team is first to capture motion of single molecule in real time
And so they beat on, flagella against the cantilever
Tandem microwave destroys hazmat, disinfects
ChrisVer
Aug21-14, 04:09 AM
P: 1,030
What about Halzen and Martin- Quarks and Leptons?
Everything depends on the level and on what you are seeking for.
The_Duck
Aug21-14, 11:26 AM
P: 882
Quote Quote by beman View Post
I want a book on particle physics which contains lots of theoretical calculations.All books recommended in my class contain lots of experimental techniques and very little about
theory.I like "Introduction to Elementary Particles" by D Griffiths.Is there any book like
Griffiths?
It sounds like you want books on quantum field theory; if you search you can find many. (Griffiths's book is supposed to be a gentle introduction to quantum field theory).

clem
Aug21-14, 11:26 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,266
Theoretical Particle Physics Book

H&M is great for having all the steps clearly shown, but is at a higher level than G.
You need the higher level to do the calculations. G is good for discussion.
nrqed
Aug24-14, 08:32 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 3,017
Quote Quote by beman View Post
Griffiths?
After Griffiths and Halzen and Martin, I would recommend the books by Greiner and co-authors (he has MANY books, covering pretty much everything in particle physics and QFT. His books show a lot of calculations with all the steps shown and explained)

Register to reply