How can I prevent losing my calculator again?

• Thread starter klusener
  • Start date
In summary, you lost your calculator because it was cheap and you don't care if you lose it. You should get a scientific calculator because it is more reliable.
klusener
I am in my opinion the most disorganized person of the world, i don't use any binders, if i get papers from teachers, I stick them into my pocket :redface: and most likely lose them along with much needed points.. But this year I have gone on a loosing spree, first I lost my TI-83, yesterday I lost my TI-86 calculator, I don't know how they disappeared, I had them in my hands and then two minutes later I look at my hands and they are not there.. :eek: I am going to end up in utter poverty if I continue like this.. :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
klusener said:
I had them in my hands and then two minutes later I look at my hands and they are not there.
What were you doing? Walking or sitting?

I don't remember, I suppose I must have been day dreaming as usual, but I was walking with them and then I entered some room and then went into my class and when I looked around my things (books, calculator, papers) had disappeared..

klusener said:
first I lost my TI-83, yesterday I lost my TI-86 calculator

you lost them because TI is the anti-christ. what you need is a Hp 49g+, not TI whatever. however, i really can't solve your other problims

Fibonacci

what you need is a scientific calculator :)
cheap so it doesn't matter if you lose it really and it works just as well as a graphics.

but the problem here is whatever I have I lose, because I always forget where I put my things.. I think I am going to use a permanent marker to scribble on my hands where I put my stuff.. Note to me: pants are on legs, hands are attached to arm..

Last edited:
klusener said:
but the problem here is whatever I have I lose, because I always forget where I put my things..
Have you considered tying both of your calculators to an elastic cord and running it through your jacket sleeves like your mamma used to do with your mittens?

Likes CalcNerd
klusener said:
I don't remember, I suppose I must have been day dreaming as usual, but I was walking with them and then I entered some room and then went into my class and when I looked around my things (books, calculator, papers) had disappeared..
It still isn't clear to me what happened. You are now saying that they were in a room, you left, came back and they were gone?

Well, darn, as I started reading, I was thinking all we needed to suggest were for you to get some proper binders and a backpack with compartments for stuff to get yourself organized, but as I read further, I realized that would just mean you'd lose the whole binder and backpack. :bugeye: That's not being disorganized, that's having your head in the clouds. :wink: Short of covering your jacket with velcro and another square of velcro on the back of every object your prone to lose, and then velcro-ing everything to your body, I'm not really sure how to help on this one. I guess you could just make sure everything has your name and phone number on it so people can return your stuff to you when they find it, and then hope it's found by honest people.

Moonbear said:
covering your jacket with velcro and another square of velcro on the back of every object your prone to lose, and then velcro-ing everything to your body,
All you need after that is to toss him into the sheep pen for the perfect orgy.

Are you sure someone is not stealing your stuff?

I use a backpack with loose folders and keep the folders in the backpack. 1 folder per class. I also keep a single pad of paper for notes, that I can tear off in loose sheets. When I want to store something I just stick it in a folder. Minimal fuss and I generally have everything. Also, I habitually check every area I get up from to make sure I'm not leaving anything behind.

Soilwork said:
what you need is a scientific calculator :)
cheap so it doesn't matter if you lose it really and it works just as well as a graphics.

Spot on!

I lost my treasured £5 Sharp yesterday on the way to an exam. I just went to my admin office, and they gave me a new one!

1. How do I prioritize my tasks effectively?

To prioritize your tasks effectively, start by making a list of all the tasks you need to complete. Then, assign a level of importance or urgency to each task. You can use a numbering system or color coding to indicate priority. Focus on completing the most important tasks first and avoid getting distracted by less important tasks.

2. What is the best way to create a schedule?

The best way to create a schedule is to start with your most important tasks and assign specific time slots for each task. Be realistic about how much time each task will take and leave some buffer time in case unexpected things come up. Schedule breaks and include some flexibility in your schedule to account for unforeseen events.

3. How can I keep track of deadlines and due dates?

One way to keep track of deadlines and due dates is to use a calendar or planner. Write down important dates and deadlines for each task and refer to it regularly to ensure you are on track. You can also set reminders on your phone or computer to alert you of upcoming deadlines.

4. What should I do with tasks that I can't complete right away?

If you have tasks that you can't complete right away, it's important to have a system in place to keep track of them. You can create a "to-do" list for future tasks or use a task management app to keep track of them. Make sure to review this list regularly and prioritize these tasks when you have time.

5. How do I avoid getting overwhelmed with my workload?

To avoid getting overwhelmed with your workload, break down large tasks into smaller, more manageable tasks. This will help you stay focused and make progress without feeling overwhelmed. It's also important to take breaks, prioritize self-care, and ask for help when needed. Remember to also review and adjust your schedule and priorities regularly to stay on top of your workload.