View Poll Results: Guys should have?
I'm a girl and I think guys should have short hair. 2 5.41%
I'm a girl and I think guys should have medium (middle of forehead) hair. 1 2.70%
I'm a girl and I think guys should have long (past the eyebrows) hair. 3 8.11%
I'm a girl and I think guys should have really long (past the nose) hair. 3 8.11%
I'm a guy and I think guys should have short hair. 13 35.14%
I'm a guy and I think guys should have medium (middle of forehead) hair. 8 21.62%
I'm a guy and I think guys should have long (past the eyebrows) hair. 3 8.11%
I'm a guy and I think guys should have really long (past the nose) hair. 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

Long Hair or Short Hair?

by JasonRox
Tags: hair
Share this thread:
JasonRox
Aug28-05, 01:37 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,327
Guys can post on the poll. It is separated so we know what guys and girls think.

I'm a guy and I think we should have short hair. I have long hair myself, which goes past my eyebrows. I personally want it to reach the bottom of my eyes.

I really like short hair, but long hair feels good.

So, how do you like it?

Note: Guys who vote are not considered gay. Be mature about it.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
Lisa!
Aug28-05, 01:39 PM
PF Gold
P: 973
For men or women?
Kerrie
Aug28-05, 02:22 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 1,192
For men. I think it depends on the person, but there wasn't that option, so I didn't vote.

gurkhawarhorse
Aug28-05, 02:23 PM
P: 51
Long Hair or Short Hair?

i like to have really long but i dont look good in that. thats why i have short though i dont like it.
mattmns
Aug28-05, 02:48 PM
P: 1,123
I have short hair during the summer only. I like my long beautiful locks. I am not really sure as how to answer the question, because I don't really check out a guy's hair, and I don't really have no preference as far as length goes for women either. Except if a woman's hair is really short (less than 2"), or extremely long (going way down their back), then I don't like that. Style is much more important than length imo.
honestrosewater
Aug28-05, 03:01 PM
PF Gold
P: 2,330
It doesn't matter that much, but I like either bald: http://www.lochness.com/shows/mq/pat...tewart_200.jpg
http://www.iol.ie/~webfoto/maple4j.htm
or long: http://www.moono.com/celebz6524lol89...pics/669_p.jpg
http://www.physicsforums.com/attachm...tachmentid=242
or, he's always the best, bald and long: http://utopia.utexas.edu/project/por...hakespeare.jpg

Okay, some of those men are sexy for other reasons too.
hypatia
Aug28-05, 03:44 PM
P: 1,298
I love long hair, but not if its comming from the nose or ears.
My second choice would be bald.
Integral
Aug28-05, 03:54 PM
Mentor
P: 7,320
The wonderful thing in this day and age is that there is little or no (in the US) cultral pressure about hair length, you are pretty much free to choose your length. In the 50s and early 60s there were no options. I voted for long hair, but really it is, as it should be completely up to the individual.
Math Is Hard
Aug28-05, 04:12 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,922
Long hair rules!!! wooohOOoo!!!
Moonbear
Aug28-05, 05:09 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
I prefer men with short hair (not a buzz cut though, maybe about an inch long or so), if that's the question you're asking. But if you're asking what they should do, then they should do whatever they like since it's their hair.
BobG
Aug29-05, 01:12 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,280
Before I joined the military I used to wear my hair short in the summer and then let it grow from fall to spring (I worked construction and a long hair isn't that great when it's hot).

Since retiring, I've sometimes let my hair start growing longer, since I can and change would be different - I just can't get past that mid-range stage where it just looks horrible and feels uncomfortable, to boot.
Entropy
Aug29-05, 01:14 PM
P: 609
It depends on the person.
Moonbear
Aug29-05, 04:30 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Something just occurred to me...what sort of hairstyle are you wearing that you're measuring hair by whether it's past your eyebrows or nose? I definitely prefer a guy who keeps his hair combed out of his face. I usually go by how far past the back of your neck it is. I prefer they styles that keep it short enough that the back of your neck is bare. Medium length to me would be covering your neck, but only as far as your shoulders, and long hair would be down your back past your shoulders.
JasonRox
Aug29-05, 06:46 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,327
The hair on my head is longer than the hair behind my head. It's kind of like hockey hair. When I wear my hat, the hair like curls up around it.

I'm Canadian, so hockey hair is good. :P
Math Is Hard
Aug29-05, 07:14 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by JasonRox
The hair on my head is longer than the hair behind my head. It's kind of like hockey hair. When I wear my hat, the hair like curls up around it.

I'm Canadian, so hockey hair is good. :P
is this hockey hair? Where I come from we call this a mullet:

mattmns
Aug29-05, 07:15 PM
that is a great pic MIH

I think thought Jason's hair is the other way around though. He said: "The hair on my head is longer than the hair behind my head"
Math Is Hard
Aug29-05, 07:32 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by mattmns
that is a great pic MIH

I think thought Jason's hair is the other way around though. He said: "The hair on my head is longer than the hair behind my head"
oh, I got totally confused. Actually the first time I read it I thought it said the hair on his head is longer than the hair on his behind. I really need glasses!
mattmns
Aug29-05, 07:35 PM
I would certainly hope that it was not the other way around, unless he was bald

Register to reply