Recent content by jack action

  1. jack action

    AI Against AI Art

    My girlfriend made me a love song with AI, without being that tech-savvy. She's not a singer or a musician, and it would have been insane to hire professionals to make it. I love it; the gesture touched me, and it's the best gift she could've given me. I also used AI to make the logo for her...
  2. jack action

    AI Against AI Art

    There are plenty of biographies about someone else, authorized or not. There are also autobiographies with ghostwriters. Why does using AI to help you write your story - as opposed to another human being - make you a psychopath? I can understand invoking a moral obligation to divulge who wrote...
  3. jack action

    AI Against AI Art

    In the case I'm talking about, the work has been praised by many and deemed worthy of prestigious awards. So it cannot be considered "derivative"; otherwise, all these people evaluating the works cannot be taken seriously. As opposed to known AI art, the accusation in this case is that, after...
  4. jack action

    AI Against AI Art

    Something is happenning in French literature right now. A book called "It Was Either That or Die" by French-Canadian-Haitian Thélyson Orélien has been praised all over the world: It is based on the author's and others' immigration stories. Now, accusations that AI was used to write the book...
  5. jack action

    AI AI and Math Research

    I thought this news fitted this thread: Did AI Just Solve Navier-Stokes? What OpenAI's Claim Actually Proves OpenAi's article: On the Navier–Stokes Millennium Prize Problem
  6. jack action

    AI On Progress Toward AGI

    First, here's the "hot take" footnote from the reference (summed up with "He needs to see more before he gives his final appraisal."): Second, here are the 7 extra "hot takes" left out in the quote (summed up with ". . ."): I like the fifth one.
  7. jack action

    What does "Log in with your Google account" mean?

    I don't understand. Which password do you need to update? Isn't the point of logging in with your Google account to not have a password with them? Or is it that they want you to sign in again with your Google account to make sure it is still you? (i.e., not sign in with a previously set cookie...
  8. jack action

    RIP Tim Curry

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/tim-curry-dead-80-9.7321273 This one seems to have passed under the radar, as he died the same day Dolly Parton died. He was the same age as her as well.
  9. jack action

    If your office coworker left their phone ringing on their desk...

    If a clapper hits a bell while being behind two layers of glass and no one can hear it, does it make a sound? :oops:
  10. jack action

    Spam blocking using your Whitelist

    I don't like the spam filter concept where a computer program try to guess legitimate emails from spam, and your legitimate emails go to your inbox and the rest in the spam folder (usually deleted after 30 days). Then - because no automatic filter is perfect - you are stuck going through two...
  11. jack action

    Could new separate domains provide safe access for kids?

    The problem is still accurate age verification while keeping the registration and access processes simple.
  12. jack action

    Misc. Giving dog access to go potty when we're out

    A doggy door accessing an outdoor cage where the giant, stinky doggy litterbox is. For example: By using the keywords catio and dogio, I found this source: https://k9-kennelstore.com/other-products/exercise-play/dogio-dog-tunnel-systems/individual-dogio-components.html, and here's their...
  13. jack action

    Random Thoughts 7

    Here’s something to think about: How come you never see a headline like ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’?
  14. jack action

    Random Photos

    I thought it was associated with Canada. I remember the Moose Molten Metal album - with the coolest moose ever! - back in the day: