Photo Contest - Bad Photo (2/4-2/10)

In summary, the photo contest's theme is "Bad Photo" and is open to anyone interested in photography. To submit a photo, participants must visit the official website or social media page and follow the instructions. Multiple entries are allowed, but there may be a limit. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Bad Photo

This has always been a fun and popular theme. Pick out one of your bad photos and proudly display them on here!

Please note that such bad photos must not be taken on purpose!

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz

Physics news on Phys.org
The combo of a night time shot plus a pup that wouldn't stand still resulted in this. While technically a bad photo, kind of a neat turnout anyway.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1021/sdc12896m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
<Insert spherical cow joke here>

bad.jpg

I took this picture for the last competition. I tried to set up the light
using rules from the "Light - Science & Magic" book. I wanted large
DOF. It didn't work.

marzena_ice1.jpg

So many to choose from! But images of the inside of the lens cap or an area of recently vacated blue sky are probably rather too boring, as are ones which are too out-of-focus to identify. This one is a nicely motion-blurred image of a dragonfly passing a clump of bamboo (but I wouldn't have known if I hadn't had a successful picture immediately next to it in the folder).

4zxqts.jpg

Buzzed in Pearl City,HI 1980.

6592300903_33cf897902_z.jpg

I had previously set my camera to take a picture after 10 seconds, I forgot about this setting and had tried to take a picture of this cat. I was trying to figure out why it wasn't working when it was exposed.
bad.jpg

Before I got a shutter release cable:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1193/dsc7478.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have photos that are worse than this but they're not as good. :biggrin:

f4fwie.jpg

Hum... did he just tasted a very bad drink?

:)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Hum... did he just tasted a very bad drink?

:)

Zz.

Well I can tell you that the name of the bar is 'La Mort Subite' (Sudden Death).

:rofl:

2r6fszq.jpg

Liked it because it really shows motion and acceleration:
IMG_9075a.jpg

It looks like we have no problem coming up with bad pictures:smile:

v7vz81.jpg

badpicture_cont.jpg

Aren't strobe shots great? I've had ones taken underwater turn out like that...

A bit overexposed, I would think.

img4297uj.jpg

Zz.

These bad photos are such good bad photos!

Surely better than bad good photos.

Man! I found the best bad photo on my computer today! If only I could switch photos haha

Final day to submit your really bad photo!

Zz.

epenguin said:
Surely better than bad good photos.
:biggrin:

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of this photo contest is "Bad Photo". Participants are encouraged to submit their worst or funniest photos.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to anyone who is interested in photography. There are no restrictions on age, location, or professional experience.

3. How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo, you will need to visit the official website of the contest or the designated social media page and follow the instructions provided. Most likely, you will need to create an account and upload your photo there.

4. Can I submit more than one photo?

Yes, you can submit multiple photos for the contest. However, make sure to read the rules and guidelines carefully as there may be a limit on the number of entries per person.

5. How will the winner be chosen?

The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges who will evaluate the photos based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme. The judging criteria may vary depending on the specific rules of the contest.