Photo Contest - Seeing Double (2/11-2/17)

In summary, the photo contest theme is "Seeing Double", and it is open to anyone who meets the eligibility requirements. Photos can be submitted by following the instructions on the contest website. There are no restrictions on the type of camera or editing software that can be used, but it is important to check the contest rules for submission specifications. The winner will be chosen by judges or through a voting system, with consideration given to creativity, technical skill, and adherence to the theme.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Seeing Double

This time, your photo must have something that appears to be two identical items. This could be two of the same thing, or a pair of twins, or something that looks as if there's two of them.

Note that double exposure, delayed exposure, or other photography tricks do not count. There must physically be two of the items in the photo.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz

Physics news on Phys.org
4673713880_9e266226aa_z.jpg

My off-grid Solar Panels.

Question- does it have to be only '2' of something(s), any even number, or any number at all?

Andy Resnick said:
Question- does it have to be only '2' of something(s), any even number, or any number at all?

I'm going to guess at what you're asking here and responding by giving an example.

The photo must have two of something, but it can be more than a set. In other words, your photo could have 2 identical looking chicken, 2 identical looking ducks, 2 identical looking elephants ... etc... (Noah's ark, anyone?), all in the same photo. So the photo can have just 2 of something, or multiple 2 of things. But each of the same thing (i.e. chickens) can have only 2 of that, not more, or not of an even number other than 2. So you can't have 4 identical looking chickens.

Does that make any sense?

Zz.

Yes, thanks- I was essentially wondering about multiple reflections.

marzena_seeing_double.jpg

pair1.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2295/yelloww.png [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

Zz.

Too latee II aam afraidd.

Me toooo.

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "Seeing Double", meaning that the submitted photos should showcase a creative or interesting use of reflections, symmetry, or repetition.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to anyone who is interested in photography and meets the eligibility requirements, which are usually stated in the contest rules.

3. How can I submit my photo for the contest?

You can submit your photo for the contest by following the instructions provided in the contest announcement or by visiting the designated submission page on the contest website. This may involve filling out a form, uploading your photo, and providing necessary information such as your name and contact information.

4. Are there any restrictions on the type of camera or editing software I can use for my photo?

No, there are no restrictions on the type of camera or editing software you can use for your photo. However, it is important to check the contest rules to make sure that your photo meets the required specifications for submission.

5. How will the winner of the photo contest be chosen?

The winner of the photo contest will be chosen by a panel of judges or through a voting system, which will be specified in the contest rules. The judges will typically consider factors such as creativity, technical skill, and adherence to the theme when choosing the winner.