18.5 Billion Dollars belonging to Iranian stopped in Turkey

  • Thread starter Thread starter EternityMech
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 6K views
EternityMech
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
18.5 Billion Dollars belonging to Iranian stopped in Turkey!

A Turkish lawyer has claimed that his Iranian client has transferred an $18.5-billion treasure from Iran to Turkey through courier services.

He noted that the container contained $7.5 billion and 20 metric tons of gold.

http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=101964&sectionid=351020102

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org


$134 billion. Holy cow. I never even knew you could CARRY that amount of money... Here I walk around with $300 in my wallet and I'm rich haha :)
 


Sorry! said:
$134 billion. Holy cow. I never even knew you could CARRY that amount of money... Here I walk around with $300 in my wallet and I'm rich haha :)

http://wtfurls.com/daily/images/407.jpg

But for that read the article again.
It clearly is a remarkable tale, but after the "bonds" were seized by the Italian finance police, the men, after some questioning, were let go, sparking a frenzy of conspiracy theories on the internet.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I was talking in terms of American or comparable money. Guess I should have made that clear... I'm pretty sure Zimbabwe also has 100 TRILLION dollar notes...lol

Turns out though that those bonds with the Japanese men were fake. Question is... what were they going to do with them anyways?