Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2D PIC simulation for untapered plasma channel

Tags:
  1. Sep 9, 2014 #1
    Hello everyone,

I would like to get ~200 MeV quasi-monoenergetic electron beam by doing 2D Particle-In-Cell simulation in bubble regime. The moving window dimension is 50x50 μm for x and y, the simulation mesh size is set 0.04x0.4 μm, each mesh includes 10 particles, laser wavelength is 800 nm, plasma density ~ 8 to 9e18 cm-3, laser pulse duration ~30 fs, normalized vector potential >3.0 and the spot size is around 9-12 μm.
    I got the e-beam but the energy spread was very large. I hope someone has experiences in this simulation can help me fix some parameters. Thanks a lot!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

4. Nov 5, 2014 #3
    Hello Greg Bernhardt. I've already found the proper parameters for this PIC simulation. Thank you for your reply!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook