Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

4 Restaurants Where You'll Never, Ever, Get a Table

1. Jul 30, 2011 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm wondering if this is a joke. It's sounds too bizarre to be true. Anyone know if this is a spoof?

Read more: http://www.thedailymeal.com/four-restaurants-where-youll-never-ever-get-table/4177?page=0,0#ixzz1Tcd47sTO [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2011 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

I'd try the spring rolls. Not as bad as some of the signature creations on Master Chef.

4. Jul 30, 2011 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm pretty sure it's a humor piece.

My friend and I once came up with an idea for an exclusive spa to take advantage of dumb rich ladies. For $500, we would offer an exotic facial treatment guaranteed to leave your skin pink and glowing - basically you would be taken into a room and slapped in the face by hostile Syrian women* until your complexion was rosy.

*my friend was Syrian so that's where that came from

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  5. Jul 30, 2011 #4

Evo

Considering some of the "real" places I've seen on tv, it makes you wonder. They had me until I got to the "Satansdottir" sisters, then I figured I'd been had, but then again...

I've seen places where they eat sushi off of naked people, where diners are blindfolded and eat in total darkness, eating with their hands. There's that dining experience in San Francisco, where they announce via twitter where and when they're going to have dinner and serve weeds and animals they catch in the area, apparently they don't have a permit to do this, so the location keeps changing.

6. Jul 30, 2011 #5

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

7. Jul 30, 2011 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I'm hungry.

8. Jul 30, 2011 #7

Evo

Buwahaha.

9. Jul 30, 2011 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooh, ooh! I choose the interrogation room!

10. Jul 30, 2011 #9
    They forgot the French Laundry in Napa. I believe you need to reserve a spot like 6 months in advance?

11. Jul 30, 2011 #10

Evo

There are places like Rao's where only "la familia" and celebrities can get a table.

12. Jul 30, 2011 #11
    How do they sustain business? Charge out the ***?

13. Jul 30, 2011 #12

Evo

Basically, but celebrities are always lined up for these kind of places, they are always full.

14. Jul 30, 2011 #13
    I guess if they will let you in might as well....

I was surprised to see a SF restaurant on the list. Wait, on second thought, I am surprised there were not more.

15. Jul 31, 2011 #14
    I don't understand. If you can never get a table, then how does the restaurant make money?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook