Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Course in Modern Mathematical Physics [Peter Szekeres]

1. Jun 8, 2006 #1
    Hi all

I'm currently self-studying a relatively new book, "A Course in Modern Mathematical Physics", by Peter Szekeres, retired fellow at Uni of Adelaide (yes, he's the son of George Szekeres, of "Kruskal-Szekeres coordinates" fame :wink: ). I find it so far to be a totally great book! I haven't read many introductory math-phys books (I'm a fan of Schutz's "Geometrical Methods of Mathematical Physics" and Prakash's "Mathematical Perpectives on Theoretical Physics"), but this one is fantastic and covers a lot of interesting maths. I was wondering if anybody happens to have the solutions to the exercises found within. I've been stuck on a couple of the problems, and I would like to check them out with someone.

Nitin

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2008 #2
    I'm also using this book for self study. I agree that it's an excellent exposition on math physics. A solutions manual would be great.

4. Sep 27, 2010 #3
    Does anybody have a list of errata for this book?
    Thanks,
    Goldbeetle

5. Sep 27, 2010 #4
    I suppose you could all compare results! If only the replies weren't two years apart.

6. Sep 27, 2010 #5
    Actually, I was just interested in the list of the book errata...

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook