A philosphical point for you consideration

Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Consider the following hypothetical scenario: as you walk down the street, you hear a man singing

If you're cool and you know it clap your hands!
If you're cool and you know it clap your hands!
If you're cool and you know it and you really want to show it, if you're cool and you know it clap your hands!

QUESTION: DO YOU CLAP YOUR HANDS IF YOU ARE COOL?

I need to know

Answers and Replies

I would opt for not clapping my hands, but in a really cool way.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I'm thinking you have too much spare time on your hands if this is what you have to worry about. :smile:

That's a hard question. I'm not cool so according to the song, I shouldn't clap my hands. But when people see me not clapping, they might get the mistaken idea that I am too cool to clap to a children's song. I don't know what to do. Can I have a different question please.

I'm thinking you have too much spare time on your hands if this is what you have to worry about. :smile:
Philosophy in a nutshell.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you're cool and you know it and you really want to show it, if you're cool and you know it clap your hands!

I need to know
I believe that Socrates said "if you're cool and you know it then your face will really show it".
Hence, clapping would be unnecessary.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What if you're a dork and you know it?

AlephZero
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
What if you're a dork and you know it?
This is logically impossible. If you are a dork, then by definition you don't know it.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Consider the following hypothetical scenario: as you walk down the street, you hear a man singing
Already a problem. When I walk down the street, I sing "Head, shoulders, knees and toes.... knees and toes". How would I possibly hear him singing?

But, at least I'm pretty sure we must both be from the same town.

Edit: AlephZero does make a good point. Just how does one know if one is a dork?

turbo
Gold Member
If you're cool and you know it, clamp your hams.

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This explains the guy that I sometimes see in a local park who claps his hands while walking (I'm not kidding). He appears to be too cool to sing the words though.