1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A problem on filtering a solution of acid and solid particles

1. Sep 30, 2008 #1
    Hello everybody, I have the following problem: I have a batch reactor were I have solid particles reacting with acid. The reactor is stirred. The solid particles are in the range 150-250 micron. I'd like to let them react for a short time, and then quickly remove the liquid face and dry up the solid particles. If I use a normal filter the particles will be attached to the filter and difficult to remove.
    If you have any ideas please contact me.
    Dino.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2008 #2

Q_Goest

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Can you use a centrifuge?

4. Oct 2, 2008 #3
    Hello and thanks for the answer,
    no i guess the centrifuge is not available here and i dont know if it would be good to use that since I'd like the particle to conserve their shape. May be I should warm up a bit and increase the surface to separate the water. I will think about it

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook