A Slow Day In Physics Land. Is There A Holiday?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ohwilleke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
ohwilleke
Gold Member
Messages
2,695
Reaction score
1,669
TL;DR
Today (Monday, March 22, 2021) is the slowest posting day at arXiv that I've seen for many months. Is there is holiday observed outside of the U.S. driving this?
I check the HEP preprints at arXiv almost every day. Today (Monday, March 22, 2021) is the slowest day for new preprints that I've seen for many months. Is there a holiday observed somewhere outside the U.S. that is producing this result?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Moriond has started. People try to get their results out beforehand.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: vanhees71 and ohwilleke