AMUSEd The use of muses in creativity

• Thread starter Lacy33
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Creativity
In summary, Lisab thinks that a muse is someone that is a little untouchable and that they inspire creativity. Evo agrees and thinks that a muse is someone that is a little untouchable and that they inspire creativity.
Lacy33
I would like to bring up the importance of muses in creativity.
Is it because they make our hearts beat faster and more blood rushes through our brains?
Why is it that someone I love makes me want to do more?

Physics news on Phys.org
Excellent question, Lacy! There is something...dare I say it...magical about that crazy love feeling!

Knowing it's all chemistry doesn't make it less...here I go again...magical.

lisab said:
Excellent question, Lacy! There is something...dare I say it...magical about that crazy love feeling!

Knowing it's all chemistry doesn't make it less...here I go again...magical.

Thanks Lisab.
Wasn't chemistry once considered a little magical with the alchemist? That's fine. We evolved. And didn't Einstein say something about gravity having nothing to do with people falling in love so love was at one time also in the astrophysics department.
But I just want to know why having a crush on someone or being in love makes me want to do the dishes! :yuck: ... :rofl:

:rofl:

Come on guys, ... Einstein had a muse!

[URL]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nfandom/yelrotflmao.gif[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lacy33 said:
Thanks Lisab.
But I just want to know why having a crush on someone or being in love makes me want to do the dishes! :yuck: ... :rofl:

Your muse of creativity inspires you to do the dishes?

I don't think this word means what you think it means

I started this thread and am now so saddened to hear such devestating news of the shooting in Arizona. If there were a way to quiet the thread for now I would do so. We are unable to speak of the heights of love when our hearts are crushed by bad news and hopes that all injured are able to survive this shooting.
Lacy :frown:

Lacy33 said:
Come on guys, ... Einstein had a muse!
You have the greatest avatars!

I want someone to love. They just need to keep their distance, leave me alone, don't bother me, expect nothing from me, but be there for me if I need to whine.

Oh, and they should send me virtual gifts, be funny, brilliant, and always say and do the right thing at the right time.

Evo, I think that's what a muse is. Kinda someone that is a little untouchable. Anyway I thought so and that has usually been the way it has been for me... :cry: lol

1. What is the concept of using muses in creativity?

The concept of using muses in creativity is based on the ancient Greek belief that inspiration and creativity come from the nine muses, who were considered goddesses of the arts. It is believed that by invoking or channeling a specific muse, an individual can tap into their creative potential and produce more innovative and meaningful work.

2. How can I identify my muse for a specific project?

Identifying your muse for a specific project can involve introspection and reflection on what inspires you and what type of creativity you want to channel. You can also research the nine muses and their areas of expertise to see which one resonates with your project. Additionally, you can try different techniques such as meditation or free writing to connect with your muse.

3. Can anyone use muses in their creative process?

Yes, anyone can use muses in their creative process. It is a personal and subjective practice, and each individual may have a different way of connecting with their muse. Whether you are a professional artist or someone who enjoys creative hobbies, invoking a muse can enhance your creative flow and bring new ideas to your work.

4. Are there any scientific studies that support the use of muses in creativity?

While there is limited scientific research on the use of muses in creativity specifically, there are studies that support the idea that inspiration and creativity can be enhanced through certain practices such as mindfulness and positive thinking. Additionally, many successful artists and writers have attributed their creative success to invoking their muses.

5. What are some practical ways to incorporate muses into my creative process?

Some practical ways to incorporate muses into your creative process include setting aside time for introspection and reflection, experimenting with different techniques to connect with your muse, and surrounding yourself with inspiration and stimuli related to your project. It is also important to have an open and receptive mindset while invoking your muse and to trust your intuition and instincts while creating.