Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

An Introduction 'Cause They Said So

1. Jun 26, 2015 #1
    Good Morning! My name is Indi.

So...

I'm not a Physics Major. I'm not a Physicist. In fact, I'm not even in college, right now...

Ever since I was about 4 years old, I've loved the concept of Physics. I would dream about concepts and write down theories for the sake of getting them out of my head and onto paper. This is a great secret. When I was in school, I was a Theatre/Arts major, but due to the ability to only major in one subject, Physics was overlooked. Now that I'm a tad older (and, daresay, a tiny bit wiser), I've decided to get three degrees. This wasn't a fly-by-night decision. It's something I've sincerely thought about for ten years.

At any rate, my Physics and Science passion is unrequited. NO ONE knows this about me. I have no one to talk to about burning questions at the back of my brain. I want to become a physicist. I am deeply in love with nuclear physics, quantum mechanics, astrophysics, and theoretical physics.

In high school, I got outstanding scores in math and all around the board, but something terrible happened when I was attending that culiminated in such a hodge-podge of a mess that I just couldn't pursue my education in these fields any longer.

I really REALLY want to secretly study Physics at college again. I currently work two full-time jobs to try and pay for my degrees. Granted, I will probably have to go to Community College and attempt to make stellar (heheh) sctores so that senpai will notice me (heheh), but that's why I'm here.

I need friends. I need people to help me answer the big questions. I need encouragement and I need guidance. So here I am.

I'm most likely going to be that dumbass in the back of the room lurking, but I have no other way to be until I learn.

Anyway, I've read through these forums often in the passing years, lurking, reading about other concepts for fun. I figured I'd say hello and that I deeply appreciate all of the minds culminating in this community. I look forward to, hopefully, making some friends that can help stoke the ember of my *very* secret passion.

I am 29 years old. Living in fabulous (AND HOT AS HELL) Las Vegas. It's very nice to meet you. <3

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 26, 2015 #2
    Welcome to Pf!

4. Jun 26, 2015 #3
    Thank you. It's going to be a long and humiliating experience. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook