Any Fans of CBS's Sunday Morning?

• Thread starter gleem
  • Start date
In summary, CBS's Sunday Morning is a popular weekly news program that has been airing since 1979. It covers a wide range of topics, including news, arts, and culture, with a focus on human interest stories. The show is known for its positive and uplifting tone and has a dedicated fan base. It also features in-depth interviews with notable figures and segments on nature and science. Overall, CBS's Sunday Morning is a beloved program for its informative and feel-good content.
gleem
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
I have been meaning to start this thread for a long time. For decades one of my favorite TV shows as been the CBS's "Sunday Morning" a TV magazine program aired as you would suppose on Sunday morning. It features short segments about the arts including the visual, dance, music as well as human interest stories featuring the famous and not so famous interview with celebrities about their work and interest and some times even about science. For example today they interviewed John Wiliams composer and conductor about his works and his collaboration with the renowned violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter, Renee Zellweger about her upcoming movie of Judy Garland. Also a look back stage at the new movie "Downton Abbey", interviewed Mark Knopfler songwriter and former lead guitarist of Dire Straits (early 80's), and finally a segment of the type that I particularly enjoy on the establishment of the Patagonia National Park in Chile by Americans and former Patagonia apparel company CEO Kristine McDevitt Tompkins and her husband former CEO of North Face apparel company Doug Tompkins with land purchased with their own money and donated to Chilean government.

Who else enjoys this program? What do you find the most interesting. If you are not familiar with it I invite you to watch a few episodes. If it is not broadcast in your area you can get the content on their website https://www.cbsnews.com/sunday-morning/

You can get access to Mark Knopfler's new album "Down the Road Wherever" here.

Science news on Phys.org
I like this program too. Only downside is, sometimes I get sucked in and don't get my Sunday chores done :-p

It has been on the air for 40 years! And only 3 different hosts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_News_Sunday_Morning
While I like Jane Pauley very much, and Charles Osgood equally, neither is quite as good as was the founding host Charles Kuralt . He was just perfect...
Incidentally if you want to gain renewed respect for reporters I recommend Charles Kuralt autobiography On the Road

I always enjoyed Charles Kuralt's "On the Road"

I guess I think of him a bit iike "Mr Rogers" but for adults (pardon if that is too parochial to make sense). ...
In the autobiography he details some of his reporting from Vietnam during the war. Hard to picture that soft spoken, slightly pudgy guy in the middle of a firefight, but lord he has tales to tell. We are all better off for it.

1. What is CBS's Sunday Morning?

CBS's Sunday Morning is a weekly news and feature program that airs on CBS every Sunday morning. It covers a wide range of topics, including current events, arts and culture, and human interest stories.

2. When did CBS's Sunday Morning first air?

CBS's Sunday Morning first aired on January 28, 1979. It has been on the air for over 40 years and is one of the longest-running news programs on television.

3. Who hosts CBS's Sunday Morning?

Currently, CBS's Sunday Morning is hosted by journalist Jane Pauley. She took over as host in 2016, following the retirement of longtime host Charles Osgood.

4. How is CBS's Sunday Morning different from other news programs?

CBS's Sunday Morning is known for its unique format, which includes a mix of news, feature stories, and interviews. It also has a more relaxed and conversational tone compared to other news programs, making it a popular choice for viewers on Sunday mornings.

5. Can I watch past episodes of CBS's Sunday Morning?

Yes, past episodes of CBS's Sunday Morning can be viewed on the show's website or on the CBS All Access streaming service. Some episodes may also be available on demand through your cable or satellite provider.

Back