Appropriate Journal for mathematical perspective

In summary, the speaker is a college student who has developed a new mathematical approach to drawing and is seeking advice on where to publish it. They are aware that their chances of being accepted by a publication are low and are open to suggestions for both academic and practical journals. They also mention considering selling their idea to a computer graphics or gaming company.
wil3
Hello. I'm a college undergrad who has developed a mathematical perspective technique for drawing that I am convinced is original enough to be meaningful. Without going into too much detail, I think I have the mathematics background to formalize it, and I have the visual arts background to make it relevant to illustrators/practical applications.

While I'm aware that the odds of being accepted to a publication are very low, I was curious if anyone could recommend an appropriate academic journal for me to pursue publication in. I'm guessing that I lack the background to publish in a math journal, in which case I'm curious whether there's a journal for artistic techniques. I know this is a physics site, but I figured it was worth a shot-- I've tried searching myself to no avail.

In general, advice would be appreciated. I'm concerned that this is the wrong forum, but none of the other options seemed suitable.

Thanks for any advice on the matter.

Physics news on Phys.org
It your idea is any good in practice, don't waste your time trying to publish it in a journal.
Sell it to a computer graphics company or a computer game producer.

I would guess the number of illustrators who read academic journals is approximately zilch.

xD, I'd been considering doing that, actually. But that's a very fair point about illustrators.

What is an appropriate journal for publishing mathematical research?

The appropriate journal for publishing mathematical research can vary depending on the specific subfield within mathematics. Some popular options include the Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Journal of Number Theory, Journal of Algebra, and Journal of Mathematical Physics.

What factors should be considered when choosing a journal for mathematical research?

When choosing a journal for mathematical research, it is important to consider factors such as the journal's scope, impact factor, and target audience. It is also helpful to look at the types of articles that have been previously published in the journal to ensure that it is a good fit for your research.

What is the typical review process for mathematical journals?

The review process for mathematical journals typically involves submitting a manuscript to the journal, which is then reviewed by a panel of experts in the field. The reviewers provide feedback and recommendations for revisions, and the author(s) have the opportunity to make changes and resubmit their manuscript. The final decision on publication is made by the journal's editor(s).

Are there any open-access journals for publishing mathematical research?

Yes, there are several open-access journals available for publishing mathematical research, such as PLOS ONE, Frontiers in Mathematics, and Open Mathematics. These journals make articles freely available to readers and often have lower publication fees compared to traditional journals.

Can I submit my mathematical research to multiple journals simultaneously?

No, it is generally not acceptable to submit the same manuscript to multiple journals simultaneously. This is considered unethical and can result in rejection from all journals involved. It is important to carefully select one journal and follow their submission guidelines.