Are Podcasts Part of Your Scientific Routine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mk
  • Start date Start date

Do you listen to podcasts?

  • I do

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I do not

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I podcast myself!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    10
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 4K views
Mk
Messages
2,040
Reaction score
4
Do you listen to podcasts? I do, I just put some on my iPod shuffle :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
lol, a podcast is some new internet shabangle that you can download an mp3 file of what somebody says and listen to it. Its like radio, but on the internet, and better than internet radio.
 
People probably say a bunch of stupid stuff though. That's lame.
 
Yes, I do. I usually put it on my ipod and then listen to it while driving. Sometimes I just listen to it on the computer.

Here are a couple podcasts I listen to:

NPR Science Friday
PowerUser
 
Last edited:
Weah weah weahhhh...

So how does the screen look when you have linuix up? Do you have to type everything in?
 
What are you talking about? In Linux I just download the mp3 file and use this program to download the file to my ipod:

http://www.gtkpod.org/

http://www.gtkpod.org/images/gtkpod_main01.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm :/ So liniux has a nice GUI and everything. What are its advantages over Windows? Is there a desktop? I admit I was under the impression it was run by a DOS type thingy that you type into. :shy:
 
Of course it has a GUI.

Here is what's coming up:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1819299719647325587&q=xgl&pl=true

Here just a taste of what's stable: (As you can see Linux is very customizable.)

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/pre1/25165-1.jpg
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/pre1/19702-1.jpg
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/pre2/33656-2.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Crap that's really awesome. What's the catch? Its not as user friendly or what? Its not like Windows is user friendly. Can I run Linux and Windows/Mac OS X at the same time? I know not everything works in Linux.
 
Last edited:
Come on, dude, resize the photos.