Are spirits affected by laws of physics or forces of nature?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
13 replies · 4K views
gaming_addict
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
If anyone of you know a thing or two about spirits if they are affected by forces of nature like gravity, wind, matter, etc.

Not that you have witnessed or experienced beforehand but maybe you possesses 2nd hand knowledge regarding this matter. Also not that they are real, I just want info whether it's fiction or not.

Are they affected by relativity, and black holes too?? :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
First, there is no proof of existence of anything referred to as spirits. This makes answering any of your questions impossible.

Sorry.
 
Yes, spirits ARE affected by gravity. You want proof? Drop some spirits out of a window. Doesn't matter which spirit you use, vodka, gin, whatever. It WILL fall.
 
tribdog said:
Yes, spirits ARE affected by gravity. You want proof? Drop some spirits out of a window. Doesn't matter which spirit you use, vodka, gin, whatever. It WILL fall.
My bad, yes some spirits are affected, such as spirit of turpentine.
 
I wonder if you asked the same question at psychicforums if they would say "First, there is no proof of existence of anything referred to as black holes. This makes answering any of your questions impossible.

Sorry."
 
Oh I mean spirits of dead people. You don't have to believe those to answer my questions. I just want to know if you read something that mentions about it or heard someone talk about it.

This doesn't need to be so serious. But don't invent stories/ideas pls.

@tribdog, exactly why I asked here.
 
gaming_addict said:
Oh I mean spirits of dead people. You don't have to believe those to answer my questions. I just want to know if you read something that mentions about it or heard someone talk about it.

This doesn't need to be so serious. But don't invent stories/ideas pls.

@tribdog, exactly why I asked here.

I'm a spirit and I'm affected by gravity. :cool: I wish I weren't.
 
If its not serious than how do you expect even REMOTELY serious answers on this predominantly scientific and furthermore, atheist, forum?
 
binzing said:
If its not serious than how do you expect even REMOTELY serious answers on this predominantly scientific and furthermore, atheist, forum?

Considering that fact...does Laplace's demon count?
 
tribdog said:
I wonder if you asked the same question at psychicforums if they would say "First, there is no proof of existence of anything referred to as black holes. This makes answering any of your questions impossible.

Sorry."
Hey! Atleast there's a consistent (for all practical purposes) theory (with very reasonable support by other means) for black holes! Spirits (not the liquid kind) have none!
This is a wake-up call for psychics- get a consistent theory, then look for 'evidence'. XD
 
yasiru89 said:
Hey! Atleast there's a consistent (for all practical purposes) theory (with very reasonable support by other means) for black holes! Spirits (not the liquid kind) have none!
This is a wake-up call for psychics- get a consistent theory, then look for 'evidence'. XD

Call in the Ghostbusters.
 
gaming_addict said:
If anyone of you know a thing or two about spirits if they are affected by forces of nature like gravity, wind, matter, etc.

Not that you have witnessed or experienced beforehand but maybe you possesses 2nd hand knowledge regarding this matter. Also not that they are real, I just want info whether it's fiction or not.

Are they affected by relativity, and black holes too?? :)

play less games!
 
Spirits cannot be detected for their existence because they're double invisible. They exist underneath the layer of invisibility which cannot be detected yet by human instrumentation.
 
I think we've said all we can say. Thread closed.