Are the 2012 Paralympic Games more exciting to watch than the Olympics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter trollcast
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Games
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
trollcast
Gold Member
Messages
282
Reaction score
13
Just been watching a bit of them this morning after I came home from school and I have to say they are as exciting to watch (if not more so) than the normal Olympics.

The paralympic judo that was on this morning was far better than the judo at the Olympics. There was no walking round in circles wasting time and some of the moves where pretty damned impressive (Ben Quilter's (sp?) hip throw for the bronxe medal qualifier was superb)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ben Quilter also got thrown. :wink:

http://www.london2012.com/mm/Photo/sport/General/01/42/42/70/1424270_M01.jpg
 
I've just heard that the paralympics aren't being shown on TV in the USA, instead there will be a summary show after the event is finished :bugeye: whaaaaaaaa??
 
Ryan_m_b said:
I've just heard that the paralympics aren't being shown on TV in the USA, instead there will be a summary show after the event is finished :bugeye: whaaaaaaaa??

I would have loved to watch wheelchair rugby. Shame it isn't being shown.
 
Ryan_m_b said:
I've just heard that the paralympics aren't being shown on TV in the USA, instead there will be a summary show after the event is finished :bugeye: whaaaaaaaa??
Yep. The only way to keep up with things here is http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/.
 
The blind football is awesome, it makes rooney and his other 100 thousand pounds a week friends look like amateurs.

Also why did NBC say they aren't showing the games?