Are there any people here who enjoy writing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter EagleNebula
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Writing
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 11K views
EagleNebula
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi, I was just wondering if there's anyone on this forum who enjoy writing, just in general? Maybe for comics or comedy? I know there is a lot of people with strong scientific backgrounds who write for shows like The Simpsons or Futurama. For example there is Ken Keeler who has a PhD in Mathematics (from Harvard) and David X. Cohen who is a graduate in physics, also from Harvard.

Is there anyone out on this forum who also tend to enjoy telling stories on their spare time?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I write short stories, poetry and book reviews. I have no idea if I'm any good at writing, but I enjoy it. I hadn't written a short story for quite a while, but I just completed one, and it makes me proud. :)
 
I write poetry (go ahead, laugh) and essays for fun.
 
I write the occasional poem and have vague ideas about some 12-13 novels that I will get down to writing as soon as how I figure about almost everything that can be figured out...
Mr.E
 
I write too! I write stories, poems, articles and all kinds of stuff! .. I even wish to publish a poem book! :) ... i don't know how good I'm at it though. I'm working in a novel too, but that's more of a long term thing. :)
 
FreeMitya said:
I write poetry (go ahead, laugh) and essays for fun.

Hahahahaha...
(Not really funny, but your wish is my command.)
 
I enjoy writing. I've got several unfinished novels, and even more unwritten ideas. However, my main passion is songwriting! That takes up all of my time.
 
I think I'd enjoy writing, but right now in my life I have too many things I do that involve being alone, and sitting. I don't need another hobby that encourages either of those.
 
I enjoy writing just in general and I tried it in a book but unfortunately I never got the chance to finish it. It was a fantasy-fiction genre about fairies interacting with humans.