Are there classical theories of strong/weak interactions?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
SothSogi
Messages
20
Reaction score
4
Hi there.

I was wondering if there are classical theories for the weak and strong interactions. I am relatively new to physics so I do not know the answer. Also, is there any classical theory for the electroweak interaction?

Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
SothSogi said:
Hi there.

I was wondering if there are classical theories for the weak and strong interactions. I am relatively new to physics so I do not know the answer. Also, is there any classical theory for the electroweak interaction?.

No.

Zz.
 
Strong and weak interactions act only at very short distances (## 10 ^ {- 15} - 10 ^ {- 17} \; m ##), so the description of these interactions is purely quantum-mechanical.
 
No, both the strong nuclear force and the weak nuclear force were discovered after the advent of quantum physics. This is unlike electromagnetism and gravitation, both of which were discovered and described well before then.