Area Word Problem + Graph Problem

In summary, a goat rancher needs to fence off a rectangular pen in the middle of a large open area using 1200 ft of fencing. The maximum area that can be fenced off is 90,000 sq ft, with dimensions of 300 ft by 300 ft. For problem #25, the given points (-2, 5), (-1, 3), (1, 0), (3, -3), and (4, -5) represent the domain and range of the problem. To find the maximum area, the equations for perimeter and area should be used.
math4life
PROBLEM #24- A goat rancher is going to fence off a rectangular pen in the middle of a large open area. Build an equation to help determine the maximum area (to the nearest sq ft) that can be fenced off if 1200 ft of fencing is avilable. Include a diagram as a part of your solution.)

I have attached the two problems I need help with in picture format for number 24 and 25. I need to write an equation for 24 which I am having trouble with even though I know the answer is 90,000 sq ft
@ 300ft x 300ft.

On #25 I am not sure if this is a line, function, or if it even has a slope or pattern. How do I answer the questions beneath? Thanks.

Attachments

• gt roaper.jpg
    gt roaper.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Someone please help here this is due tomorrow morning- thanks.

Ah, that is bad luck. They still haven't approved the image.

A goat rancher is going to fence off a rectangular pen in the middle of a large open area. Build an equation to help determine the maximum area (to the nearest sq ft) that can be fenced off if 1200 ft of fencing is avilable. Include a diagram as a part of your solution.

Ok so for #24 you need to build an equation to help find the maximum area. It says that perimeter is 1200ft. What kind of equations can you think of that would be helpful? How about the equation for perimeter and area? If you find those two equations you are finished.

For problem 25 you say you are "not sure if this is a line, function, or if it even has a slope or pattern". It is precisely the points shown: (-2, 5), (-1, 3), (1, 0), (3, -3), and (4, -5).

The "domain" is the set of all "x" values- all first numbers in the pairs.
The "range" is the set of all "y" values- all second numbers in the pairs.

1. What is an area word problem?

An area word problem involves using words to describe a scenario or situation that can be solved by finding the area of a shape or object. It often requires converting words into mathematical expressions and solving for the area.

2. How do you solve an area word problem?

To solve an area word problem, follow these steps:
1. Read the problem carefully and identify the given information.
2. Draw a diagram to represent the situation.
3. Identify the shape and use the appropriate formula to find the area.
4. Solve the equation and check your answer.

3. What is a graph problem?

A graph problem involves using a visual representation of data, such as a graph or chart, to solve a problem or answer a question. It often requires analyzing the data and making connections between different variables.

4. How do you solve a graph problem?

To solve a graph problem, follow these steps:
1. Read the problem carefully and identify the given information.
2. Examine the graph or chart and identify any patterns or trends.
3. Use the given information and the graph to solve the problem or answer the question.
4. Check your answer and make sure it makes sense in the context of the problem.

5. What are some tips for solving area word problems and graph problems?

Some tips for solving area word problems and graph problems are:
- Read the problem carefully and make sure you understand what is being asked.
- Draw a diagram or visualize the problem to help make sense of it.
- Use the appropriate formulas or equations for the given shape or data.
- Check your work and make sure your answer makes sense in the context of the problem.
- Practice solving different types of area word problems and graph problems to improve your skills.