Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Athletes and other competitors felt he did nothing wrong

1. Aug 26, 2008 #1
    http://xkcd.com/423/

Compare that with Hussain Bolt (sp?), of the Olympics...

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2008 #2

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Re: Connection?

The athletes and other competitors felt he did nothing wrong. I believe he did nothing wrong.

Note: By the way, I do the same thing in racing games. Sometimes I go as far setting my car up so that the player I'm playing against is likely to accidently hit me (fast racing game) and then hit me across the finish line. LOL.

4. Aug 27, 2008 #3

Hussain Bolt? Explain please.

5. Aug 27, 2008 #4

The guy who won the 100 meter dash, but stopped a ways before the finish line and started a mini-celebration...This was a joke...Hence, it being a link to xkcd...

6. Aug 27, 2008 #5

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

7. Aug 27, 2008 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Ok, but in any case, what's your point? Do you think he did something wrong by slowing down and celebrating before the finish?

8. Aug 27, 2008 #7

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

In his defense, it was only the semi-final heat. So he show-boated. He went on to set a World Record in the medal heat.

That's hardly worse than some of the athletes that didn't win that grabbed their national flags and paraded around for winning bronze.

The American runner Walter Dix got moved from 5th to 3rd with 2 disqualification for lane violations. He won the bronze medal. When his friend told him he had won and he should be excited, he shrugged it off saying - "Yeah but I still lost."

9. Aug 27, 2008 #8

TwXThquznA0[/youtube] Also, this g... my bed and surf this forum the whole day. :(

10. Aug 27, 2008 #9

Ok, remind me never to post something that is meant to be FUNNY! Christ...

No, I don't care about what he did, I was just surfing that comic and found that one and it came to mind, I though SOMEONE might have a sense of HUMOR.

11. Aug 27, 2008 #10

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Well, next time post a comic strip that's actually funny, then make a joke in here about it...

12. Aug 27, 2008 #11

I loved this one!

http://xkcd.com/369/

I did google search:
    1 - 10 of about 167 for "died in blogging accident"

google is crazy!

I am little obsessed with google

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?