Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AZ mother's goal to be fattest person ever

1. Aug 25, 2011 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

First, why can't the British use real measures?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-52st-mother-2-supersizing.html#ixzz1W4FX7Eg8

This is just...I don't know what to say.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2011 #2

russ_watters

I admire her commitment to her goal!

4. Aug 25, 2011 #3
    This woman is a true testament to the wonders any individual can accomplish. If only more people had her initiative.

5. Aug 25, 2011 #4

Evo

And it has made her feel sexier.

6. Aug 25, 2011 #5
    I hope this doesn't start to pose a health concern.

7. Aug 25, 2011 #6

Evo

What's really bad is that American tax payers are paying her bills, including her food.

8. Aug 25, 2011 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Man! That's just disgusting. I know an in-home care giver who until recently was tending to a morbidly obese woman (500+ lbs). That woman is incapable of tending to her own personal hygiene. I sure wouldn't want that job!!!

9. Aug 25, 2011 #8
    Reminds me of Homer Simpson wanting to gain several hundred pounds so that he could be considered disabled and work from home.

10. Aug 25, 2011 #9

FlexGunship

Gold Member

I think someone should call for a referendum to cut her off. 20,000 calories a day could easily feed ten non-idiotic people who need it more.

On the plus side, this makes for a great calculus problem.

Given her starting age, how soon would she have to die in order to consume fewer calories on her current diet of 21,000 cal/day than if she had lived to the median age for women in the U.S. while consuming 2,000 cal/day?

I performed a quick hand calculation.

2011-08-25_15-42-54_168.jpg

Basically, as long as she dies before shes about 36 and a half years old, this is a net gain for society. She's 32 right now, and eating 21,000 calories each day. I think that's a reasonable goal for her, right?

BTW, her sister is my age, and damned good looking. How can I get in touch with her...

EDIT: OMG... ignore those "t" variables that are thrown in there. I'm so embarrassed. Her calorie consumption per year is a constant, not a linear function. The math is fine, I just had a "t dt" where it should only be a "dt."

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  11. Aug 25, 2011 #10

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I think I'm going to puke. This sounds psychotic, she needs to be arrested and imprisoned in a near by mcdonalds.

12. Aug 25, 2011 #11

Evo

But she's single...

13. Aug 25, 2011 #12
    I don't want her. You can have her.

14. Aug 25, 2011 #13

Evo

LOL, I know that song.

15. Aug 25, 2011 #14

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The British do use proper weights and measures; unfortunately you quoted the Daily Mail...

16. Aug 25, 2011 #15

turbo

Gold Member

How many stones in a furlong? Just askin'

17. Aug 25, 2011 #16
    You know...the picture of her on the scooter in the grocery store reminds me of when I went to Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago and saw a morbidly obese man in one of them. He stopped beside me, passed gas :-c~ with the most disgusting sound, looked at me and laughed, and then started rolling away again. I think some people have a problem and need help and some people are just really nasty.

18. Aug 25, 2011 #17
    I just viewed your link and YIKERS; that woman already has a body mass the size of Jaba the Hut! How could she possibly feel sexier?

19. Aug 25, 2011 #18

Borek

The problem won't last long. Obesity kills.

This is not the first similar case, I recall reading about other woman, her husband was helping her to get more fat.

I am with Peng on that one.

20. Aug 25, 2011 #19
    Let me get this right she is unemployed and gets social security disability ($2000 per month) because of her weight. I am unemployed and normal weight so I get nothing ($0 per month) from the government.

21. Aug 25, 2011 #20

Evo

Yeah, that sounds right. And she is this weight by choice, not because of some rare uncontrolable medical disorder.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook