1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ballentine: QUANTUM MECHANICS A Modern Development

1. Jan 10, 2009 #1
    At Amazon the book does not have a reader's review yet. Anyone here want to comment whether it is worth its money. On their website I read the first few sections and I like the exposition of the mathematical principles. It is closer to the style of a math lesson than a physics lesson, meaning the math is mostly explicit and complete and not the physics style shortcut math found in many books.

Is this style continued in the later chapters? Other comments about the book?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2009 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

4. Jan 10, 2009 #3
    Thank you, seems to be worth the money. (I tried a search for Ballentine, but got too many results. I should have remembered to always search for the title of the thread I want to initiate. It is interesting to see how good these match.)

5. Mar 1, 2009 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?