Best Commercial? Yay, Now on YouTube!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andre
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 2K views
Andre
Messages
4,296
Reaction score
73
Yay, finally on youtube. Wanted it to post for years but it was not on the net.

The best commercial of all times.

Just for clarification. This is the ad of an assurance company in the city "Apeldoorn" with the locally well know slogan "Even Apeldoorn bellen": "Just phone Apeldoorn" (whenever you have damage to claim).

Enjoy

TDb6ZWS3x4g[/youtube]
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
:smile: That's really good! Glad I came back to view it (when I looked the first time, it seemed to be loading very slowly).
 
:smile:

...but, I did sort of suspect what the name of the ship was going to be...!
 
That's the idea MiH. There is a plethora more of this kind of ads but this was the first and the best.

So what's really is the best commercial?
 
My favorite commercial ever:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
My favorite commercial ever:
That's my favorite, too, MIH. It's the only reason I ever turn on the Super Bowl - to catch the commercial breaks.

BTW, my beautiful niece Christie was featured in the "Real Cars for Real People" campaign that Chevy debuted on the Super Bowl. I've still got a tape of that kicking around somewhere. Some producer saw her and asked if she'd appear in a commercial. She had no desire to act or model, but she said "yes" and ended up getting royalty checks for quite a while, as the ad agency spliced her spot into slimmer, shorter Chevy commercials. The Super Bowl ad was a big one, but she always seemed to get featured in the shorter and shorter clips that Chevy bought afterward.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
My favorite commercial ever:


:biggrin: Nice one

There is also a "Even Apeldoorn bellen" commercial with a cat.

It won the national commercial trophy of 2004:

DTZGz59ufss[/youtube] notice the...ackground behind the kid during seconds 25-27
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could find "Real cars for real people" but I have come up dry. My niece has a mane of curly hair, Paul Newman-color ice-blue eyes, and a smile that could meld glaciers. She's now a dental hygienist, so even though she's still real pretty, she doesn't have to claw for work, and can expect to earn decent money for decades to come.
 
Not really a commercial this is a spoof on drug commercials the and side effects that a very fast talker always mentions.

 
Last edited by a moderator: