Best Movie Scenes: The Classics

• Thread starter photon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the conversation discusses some of the best movie scenes of all time. Some of the mentioned favorites include the lifeguard scene in The Sandlot, the car scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and the Young Guns ending. Other notable scenes mentioned include the death star battle in Return of the Jedi, various scenes from Reservoir Dogs, and the sex scenes from The Naked Gun movies. The conversation also includes some unexpected and memorable scenes such as the wedding scene in The Graduate and the Last March of the Ents scene in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
PerennialII said:
Final scenes of the "Audition".
:grumpy: I have been looking for audition everywhere...I heard it was good

Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:
:grumpy: I have been looking for audition everywhere...I heard it was good

... in terms of memorable movie scenes this etches GOOD, and for most causes some sleep deprivation :biggrin: (at least us sensitive ones :uhh: ) ... Japanese can make the real stuff and us westerners only remakes. Better hit ebay asap!

Roy Batty's last moments in Blade Runner.

Requiem for a Dream :: The "Ass to Ass" bit of the ending Requiem

honestrosewater said:
The firing squad scene in Paths of Glory. I've never met anyone who's seen this movie [...]
Now you have. :smile: It's a great flick, but it's aging.

Diencephalon said:
Requiem for a Dream :: The "Ass to Ass" bit of the ending Requiem
omg, bliss o:)

The Empire Strikes Back
"Luke, I am your farther."
"NOOO!"

Tombstone
"Your so drunk your probably seeing double."
"I got two guns, one for the both of ya."

"I'll be your huckleberry."

"This ain't revenge, it's a reckoning."

Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring
"You shall not pass!"

Army of Darkness
"You got real ugly, real fast." Then spears this chick in the chest.

Last edited:
I have several favorite scenes. I also like that scene where Indiana shoots the swordsman. I like the scene in the Last Crusade where Sean Connery says, "We named the dog Indiana."

The scene in Seabiscuit where the trainer says "He's just forgotten what it's like to be a horse" (or something like that). and he sends the jockey and the horse for a run in a park. After the horse and races off as if to never return, the ownr's wife says, "At least he was cheap." (or something like that)

I also like, "I'm your huckleberry." From Tombstone.

The scene at the end of Saving Private Ryan when the tanks are coming, you can hear them and it just makes you think, death machines are coming. Awesome first few minutes also.

The first battle in Gladiator.

The sword fight between Rob Roy and the Fop.

The scene in the Man in the Iron Mask where the three musketeers are charging the soldiers of the King and the captain says, "What valor!"

From Garden State:

Sam: Hey, I recognize you.
Andrew Largeman: Oh, did you go to Columbia High?
Sam: No, not from high school, from TV. Didn't you play the retarded quarterback?
Andrew Largeman: Yeah.
Sam: Are you really retarded?
Andrew Largeman: No.
Sam: Ooh, great job man! I really thought you were retarded. I mean, you're better than that Corky kid and he's actually retarded. If there was a retarded Oscar you would win, hands down, kick his ass!

Here's another:

Sam: If you can't laugh at yourself, life's going to seem a whole lot longer than you like.
Andrew Largeman: All right, so what are we laughing at you about?
Sam: I lied again... I have epilepsy.
Andrew Largeman: Which part are we laughing about?
Sam: had a seizure at the law office where I work, and they told me their insurance wouldn't cover me unless I wore preventative covering.
Andrew Largeman: What's preventative covering?
Sam: The helmet I was wearing... Oh come on, that's funny. That's really funny, I mean I'm the only person who wears a helmet to work who isn't putting out fires or racing for NASCAR. But what do you do, I can't quit... their insurance is amazing, what do you do? You laugh. I'm not saying I don't cry but in between I laugh and I realize how silly it is to take anything too seriously. Plus, I look forward to a good cry. It feels pretty good.

---------------

Btw, loseyourname, I thought "Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind" was a very good movie.

My favorite movie of all time is Pleasantville though I doubt there is anyone else in the world that would agree with me lol. There are a few scenes that I love. The one I liked most was the courtroom scene shearly for the resemblance it held to the courtroom scene in "To Kill a Mocking Bird" (the real one ofcourse). Also the scene in the park clearing when the girl brings the main character an apple from the near by tree.

The Last Supper was also a great movie. I can't remember many of the scenes anymore but the ending was great. My friends and I have always been rather fond of the scene "Do you know what you need? Do you know what you really need?!..." I won't finish that quote.

Just about the sexiest scene I know of occurs in "The two Towers":
A wounded Aragorn opens the big double doors in Helm's Deep all by himself and enters with really bad news..
Damn, that's raw masculinity!