1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Physics Schools Around North Carolina

1. Jul 25, 2012 #1
    Hello, I am a rising senior in high school and going to soon be entering the college application process. I am planning on entering school as a physics major, but that could possibly change to another major in one of the STEM fields (I am entering as a physics major because I will probably have to be proficient in physics no matter what major I end up choosing).

I was wondering if you guys know of any good schools I should be checking out. I live in North Carolina, so anything on the west coast, new england, etc is not my best option. The schools I am currently looking at are Georgia Institute of Technology, UT Austin, NC State, and Duke university.

Are there any others I should research? (preferably no farther from NC than Texas)

Thank You

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 25, 2012 #2
    I would suggest Georgia Tech.

4. Jul 25, 2012 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

If you're looking as far afield as Texas, you might as well consider U of Maryland and U of Virginia also.

5. Jul 25, 2012 #4
    I was going to say that Texas is most likely going to be significantly further from you than New England is...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook