Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Biefeld-Brown Electrogravity Theory- A hoax or something else?

1. Jan 28, 2009 #1
    Hi friends
    I am an undergraduate student in the field of Aerospace
    Few days back in class we had a general discussion hour on certain topics during which the idea of antigravity vehicles came up and certain fellow students quoted the example of the Biefeld-Brown electrogravity theory. Though i did read few articles on the net but i was not convinced about its practicability as it was seen very few progress was made into this field.
    so it is just a casual question of
    Whether this theory is actually correct in its practical approach or is it just a field that lacks proofs?

p.s replies form professors/physicists are expected and if certain links/papers establishing its validity are made accessible to me, it would be highly appreciated
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 28, 2009 #2
    This wiki has loads of links at the bottom.

You might want to look up Heim theory as well, which is another theory that became recognised in the 50's.

It's all hypothesis at the moment as far as I can tell, with no practical empirical data.
  4. Jan 28, 2009 #3
    What Brown probably stumbled upon is just a device that produced a reaction force by accelerating ions using high voltage. There is a black and white video footage somewhere showing Brown's craft made from aluminium foil levitating in mid-air. I guess at the time they thought it had something to with electro-gravity, and classified it not sure.

5. Jan 28, 2009 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is no more an anti-gravity system than is a helicopter or a bird.

When I use Google Scholar to search "Biefeld-Brown electrogravity" I get a total of 8 hits, none of which are legitimate scientific references and the fewest I've ever seen for a search like this.

In my book, that makes it complete nonsense. If anyone has additional information, please feel free to send by PM and I will take a look.

As for Heim, his work wasn't released until he died in 2001. It has not been published less [allegedly] one paper published in 1977.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  6. Jan 28, 2009 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?