Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Black holes and the centrifugal force paradox

1. Sep 14, 2014 #1
    Hi

Is someone interested in this topic ?

I'd like to share my idea with you, PF people. I also designed a "reverse geometry" to illustrate this paradoxical effect.

Thank you for your answer

Jean-Marc

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2014 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I'm not familiar with this topic. Can you elaborate on it?

4. Sep 14, 2014 #3
    A web search came up with this:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/black-holes-and-the-centrifugal-for/

Unfortunately, you have to pay for the article. I didn't find much more than that. There is this arXiv article, however:
    An intuitive approach to inertial forces and the centrifugal force paradox in general relativity

5. Sep 15, 2014 #4

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This appears to relate to frame dragging. I'm not sure if, or how this works from a Newtonian gravity perspective.

6. Sep 16, 2014 #5
    Yes I read this article 20 years ago written by by Marek Abramovic in the 70s. By Fortunately, you don't need knowledge in mathematics to understand...
    I'm try to "design" a reverse geometry to visualize this "paradoxical event" and I was wondering who could give me some feed-back.
    Moreover I think that this paradoxical situation has its own limit linked to our cognitive bias (see eg "Black Holes and Time Warps" by Kip Thorne that explains the inside of the black hole, that allows to make the link between both statements).

Thanks

7. Sep 16, 2014 #6
    and thank you for the links !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook