Bloomsbury National Honors Society

  • Thread starter Thread starter aclark609
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Honors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
aclark609
Messages
35
Reaction score
1
I received an email from this particular honor's society requesting that I join. Has anyone on here heard anything about it? I have a 4.0 gpa with 57 credit hours, and they say that only a select few members are inducted each academic year, but . . . you know how that goes.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Never heard of it and it's not on the list. A lot of scams go on at this time of year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_society#General_Honor_Societies

I checked out the webite
Bloomsbury Honor Society is a student-run global social enterprise project founded in 2011.

And you have to pay them. but you get a nifty membership card.

Can you check with your school to see if they have any idea?

Also, their website claims they have been around since 2011, but their website has only been in existence since March 14th, 2013. Seems the website is pretty much unknown.

http://www.scamvoid.com/check/bloomsburysoc.org

Anyway, congratulations on your hard work and GPA!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
I'll check this following week with my advisers. Thank you for the input.