Brian Cox and Jim Al-Khalili about science communication (incl. video)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 2K views
DennisN
Gold Member
Messages
2,197
Reaction score
10,329
I just saw a great discussion with Brian Cox and Jim Al-Khalili, which covered a number of topics including science communication and the role and importance of popularizations, e.g. documentaries, books etc, including criticisms and praise of such. They also touch a number of other topics, including pseudoscience of which some types can be considered harmless and some harmful.

I highly recommend this discussion :smile:. (though it's 10 years old it's still relevant in my opinion)
I was also surprised once again how much I agree with Cox on so many topics.

Jim meets: Professor Brian Cox | University of Surrey
Professor Jim Al-Khalili, Professor of Physics and Public Engagement in Science at the University of Surrey hosts an audience with Professor Brian Cox - live at University of Surrey, Guildford
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I gave up completely on Cox when, in one of his BBC documentaries, he flew to the Bahamas to go scuba diving to explain that water was ##H_2O##.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PhDeezNutz and pinball1970
PeroK said:
I gave up completely on Cox when, in one of his BBC documentaries, he flew to the Bahamas to go scuba diving to explain that water was ##H_2O##.
That's exactly the sort of commitment we need! Can't wait for his black hole documentary.
 
  • Haha
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, DennisN and S.G. Janssens
atyy said:
That's exactly the sort of commitment we need! Can't wait for his black hole documentary.
It's how my BBC license fee is spent that annoys me!
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: atyy and S.G. Janssens