Bring Back MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000

In summary, a kickstarter campaign has been launched to bring back the beloved cult TV series MST3K for a new season of up to 12 feature-length episodes. Many fans are excited to see the return of the show, which features whacky robots making comments on movies. Some fans also reminisce about another similar show, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and its hilarious episode with Michael Stipe from REM. As for the first movie to be featured on the new season, Transformers seems to be a popular choice among fans.
Physics news on Phys.org
That's the one with the whacky robots "watching" the show and making comments on it isn't it?

Likes DaveC426913
I only discovered MST3K less than a decade ago. Not since 'Foul Play' (Kojak! Bang Bang!) have I been unable to see through tears and unable to breathe through hiccups of laughter.

Will Beez McKeever be the prop diva?

Even better than MST3k was Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Oh my the episode with Michael Stipe from REM was the funniest thing to air...EVER. The sun bloated orange roughy pizza, Zorak eating his nephew Raymond... (he was a praying mantis)

MST3K was a classic. I wonder what movie they would choose first?

Borg said:
MST3K was a classic. I wonder what movie they would choose first?
Transformers? :biggrin:

Likes Borg
Greg Bernhardt said:
Transformers? :biggrin:
Good choice. Robots trolling robots. :oldlaugh:

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. What is Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) is a cult classic television series that premiered in 1988. It features a human host and two robot sidekicks who are forced to watch and make humorous commentary on B-movies and other cheesy films.

2. Why was it cancelled?

MST3K was cancelled in 1999 due to low ratings and financial issues. It was later revived for a short time in 2017, but was cancelled again due to streaming rights issues.

3. Why do fans want it to come back?

Fans want MST3K to come back because of its unique blend of humor, satire, and love for bad movies. It has a dedicated fan base who enjoy the witty commentary and quirky characters.

4. Is there any hope for a revival?

While there is no guarantee, there is always hope for a revival of MST3K. The show has been revived before and with the rise of streaming services, there may be more opportunities for it to return in the future.

5. How can I support the return of MST3K?

You can support the return of MST3K by streaming the show on platforms like Netflix, purchasing merchandise, and spreading the word about the show. You can also join online communities and participate in fan events to show your support for the show.