Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Burger w/onion candles, from White Castle

1. May 9, 2010 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://consumerist.com/2010/05/white-castle-candle-promises-bed-of-onions-aroma-1.html

Mustard and ketchup sold separately.

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2010 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Why can't they just donate to charity without the need for producing candles?

What a nutty idea.

4. May 9, 2010 #3

turbo

Gold Member

I can produce that smell in my own kitchen AND get to eat the onions slathered on my grilled steak-and-cheese sandwich. And yes, it is a nutty idea. The candles cost $10 each - how much of that is eaten up by production, packaging, shipping, etc? They should just give money to charity and crow about it in their ads.

5. May 9, 2010 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Darn, I missed the definitive punchline by a inch. It should have been "mustard and ketchup candles sold separately". :biggrin:

Nutty like a fox? Light the candle and one suddenly has the desire for a Slider?

6. May 9, 2010 #5
    LOL OMG this reminds me of the "FLAME" cologne released by Burger King; it captures the "essence" of the whopper. I'm buying some of those candles for my next relaxing bath :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook