Calculating Passengers without Caps or Eye Glasses: 36 Bus Riders

• Thread starter blunted
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bus
In summary, out of 36 passengers on a bus, 8 have caps, 2 have both caps and eye glasses, and 26 do not have eye glasses. Using DeMorgan's Laws, it can be determined that 6 passengers have neither caps nor eye glasses.
blunted

Homework Statement

Out of 36 passengers in a bus. 8 have caps, 2 have both cap and eye glasses , 26 don't have eye glasses, how many passengers have neither caps nor eye glasses

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

A draw 2 intersected diagrams C and E. In C I write 6 dots, in the intersected point i write 2 dots, but I don't know how many should I write in Diagram E(Eyeglasses)
The formula: C U E = C + E - CinteresectE

Physics news on Phys.org
You could draw venn diagrams etc.. but also consider the algebraic approach using the relation you gave at the bottom of your post. Have you come across DeMorgan's Laws?

blunted said:

Homework Statement

Out of 36 passengers in a bus. 8 have caps, 2 have both cap and eye glasses , 26 don't have eye glasses, how many passengers have neither caps nor eye glasses

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

A draw 2 intersected diagrams C and E. In C I write 6 dots, in the intersected point i write 2 dots, but I don't know how many should I write in Diagram E(Eyeglasses)
The formula: C U E = C + E - CinteresectE

Perhaps you should think how many to put outside area E. You already have 6 outside that area.

Can't make a move..

36 passengers in a bus, 26 don't have eye glasses, so how many do?

Okay found it, thanks.

Related to Calculating Passengers without Caps or Eye Glasses: 36 Bus Riders

1. How many passengers can fit on a standard bus?

The number of passengers that can fit on a standard bus varies depending on the size and type of the bus. Generally, a standard bus can hold anywhere from 35 to 40 passengers.

2. Is 36 passengers considered a full bus?

It depends on the capacity of the bus. If the bus can only hold 36 passengers, then it would be considered full. However, if the bus has a capacity of 40 passengers, then it would not be considered full.

3. How much weight can a bus hold with 36 passengers?

The weight limit of a bus with 36 passengers will depend on the weight limit of the specific bus model. However, on average, a bus with 36 passengers can hold around 14,000 to 16,000 pounds.

4. How many seats are typically on a bus for 36 passengers?

The number of seats on a bus for 36 passengers can vary, but it is usually around 30 to 35 seats. The remaining space is usually used for standing passengers or wheelchair accessibility.

5. What is the average occupancy rate for a bus with 36 passengers?

The average occupancy rate for a bus with 36 passengers will depend on the total capacity of the bus. If the bus has a capacity of 40 passengers, the occupancy rate would be 90%. However, if the bus has a capacity of 50 passengers, the occupancy rate would be 72%.