Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
I can't believe I look stuff like this up. I was reading another thread about age of consent laws that piqued my curiosity.
Apparently it is still legal for 14-year-old ,http://www.cuddleinternational.org/laws/laws-explained.html to marry in Alabama.
Under 18 does require parental consent, though. I grew up in Alabama and I remember the old law allowed a girl to marry at 13 with parental consent, but I guess someone decided that was just a little bit too young.
Apparently it is still legal for 14-year-old ,http://www.cuddleinternational.org/laws/laws-explained.html to marry in Alabama.
Under 18 does require parental consent, though. I grew up in Alabama and I remember the old law allowed a girl to marry at 13 with parental consent, but I guess someone decided that was just a little bit too young.
Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, life might have been pretty different if I was allowed to marry the boy whose name was written inside hearts all over my notebooks.