Can a unified field theory predict outcomes in any system?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Rhuben
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hi there people. Just wanted to bring up the idea of unified field theory and see what you think about it and so forth... create a dialogue or even a tryalogue.

Is it or is it not the general crown jewels of science to find a theory that can be applied to any system and therefore predict outcomes etc??

Does anyone know anything about this or have a comment?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There are LOTS of online rsources...for a quick introduction try:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_unification_in_physics_mean


GUT is basically trying to combine a quantum theory and General Relativity in a new formulation in extreme conditions where neither individual theory currently works ...due to extreme gravitational and mass densities...like black holes and "big bang"...
 
Thanx Naty1, but I was more interested in hearing peoples thoughts on it. I know what it is supposed to be and everything...

In fact I know what the solution to the theory is. :wink:
 
Whatever you do don't tell the people here. Write up a paper and submit it and kick back and bask in the glory. I knew if I waited around here long enough someone would come in and solve everything.