Can experience in the oil & gas sector help with studying math and science?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MaRkR78
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 633 views
MaRkR78
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Hi
I'm Mark, just about to turn 40 and for some mad reason decided to go back to study. It's been a slow burner as wasn't the best maths student at High School but slowly I'm getting back up to speed with it all. Hoping I can soak up information and get guidance from time to time and also provide help in area's I've already covered. I've worked as an electrical technician in the oil & gas sector for nearly 24 years including my apprenticeship so have lots of field experience.

Good to meet you all.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome MaRkR78! It's never too late and awesome that you've decided to go back to something challenging! I think you will find this forum quite helpful. :smile:
 
Thanks.

I've been dipping in and out of it for a while for research and pointers but I'm a little introverted when it comes to study and I'm not generally happy unless I work it out for myself. Sometimes though a brick wall is a brick wall!