Can five Fantastic Beasts films maintain a coherent plot?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Noisy Rhysling
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Work
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Noisy Rhysling said:
So, can they pull off five films? Is the overarching plot coherent and deep enough to justify that?
Don't see why not. "Pirates of the Caribbean" is doing as much with less.
 
Bystander said:
Don't see why not. "Pirates of the Caribbean" is doing as much with less.
True, but PotC doesn't have quite the rabid following of the Potterverse.
 
Noisy Rhysling said:
True, but PotC doesn't have quite the rabid following of the Potterverse.
QED.
 
Bystander said:
QED.
My implication was there are a poo-poo load more critics out there for the Potterverse.
 
Noisy Rhysling said:
more critics out there for the Potterverse.
Ah, so.
 
I saw it, I liked it. I'd watch more, I certainly appreciated that the main characters were all socially awkward without any sort of "coming out of their shell" subplot. It also felt more adult than the Harry Potter films, or at least the first 5 of them.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Noisy Rhysling
Ryan_m_b said:
I saw it, I liked it. I'd watch more, I certainly appreciated that the main characters were all socially awkward without any sort of "coming out of their shell" subplot. It also felt more adult than the Harry Potter films, or at least the first 5 of them.
I was a little irked by Scamander's body language. It makes me nervous when someone won't look me in the eye.