Can graphene be used as a template for graphene growth

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Doctorwhodidit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Graphene Growth
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Doctorwhodidit
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hi, If I had a silicon carbide wafer Si-face with a monolayer of graphene on it, then spin-coat it with single wall carbon Nano tubes (CNTs) onto the graphene and then annealed it, would the CNTs bond to the graphene under them? Or would they still partially unzip and decompose forming a sheet of Rebar Graphene on top of it? I've read reports on how to grow rebar graphene but they use Copper (Cu) foil to grow it onto. I'd like to use the SiC wafer with a monolayer graphene as a template for the rebar graphene to grow on, is it Possible?
Thank you for your time.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you for your help. It even helped me find info I'd haven't even thought of.