Can I Still Use My Engineering Skills in a Management Position?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MMImpel
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 494 views
MMImpel
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
How did you find PF?
I googled physics forum and found this forum.
Hello!

I am a male, 31 years old with a Msc. in Mechanical Engineering working in Sweden at a small company developing different types of components (very broad industry range). I have a management position, so I do not work with calculations and simulations as I did before, which is something I miss sometimes. I found problem solving, using physics and maths when applicable very fun, and that's why I became a member at this site. I hope that I can get some advice from time to time whenever I come across a problem that I can understand better using rough calculations.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DaveE and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
MMImpel said:
How did you find PF?: I googled physics forum and found this forum.

Hello!

I am a male, 31 years old with a Msc. in Mechanical Engineering working in Sweden at a small company developing different types of components (very broad industry range). I have a management position, so I do not work with calculations and simulations as I did before, which is something I miss sometimes. I found problem solving, using physics and maths when applicable very fun, and that's why I became a member at this site. I hope that I can get some advice from time to time whenever I come across a problem that I can understand better using rough calculations.
Hello and :welcome: !

Have fun and stay curious!