Can we unlock a deeper understanding of physics through an intuitive approach?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shreyes24
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 353 views
shreyes24
How did you find PF?
I usually crash on this site while searching for solutions or explanations. So yeah, a web search you can say.
Hello everyone,

I'm a first year M.Sc (Physics) student. Currently I'm focusing on courses such as biophysics, statistical mechanics and non-linear dynamics. But understanding physics behind things that we take for granted, or science behind those things or processes in general, is my focus.

I'm looking forward to gain some insights on learning and understanding this wonderful subject beyond University syllabus.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Lnewqban and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you.

I'm less glad to see "intuitive" in the title. That usually means math-free. But the language of physics is mathematics.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Bystander
anorlunda said:
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you.

I'm less glad to see "intuitive" in the title. That usually means math-free. But the language of physics is mathematics.

My bad, for the poor choice of words. But I would never like math-free physics, which would make it more difficult and less interesting for me.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: anorlunda
Welcome, shreyes24
Understanding is the key!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: shreyes24