Osmolarity of 132g KNO3 in 0.500 L solution

  • Thread starter Thread starter oceanbreeze
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
oceanbreeze
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I tried to solve this question, but I'm not sure if my answer is correct.

What is the osmolarity of a 0.500 liter solution containing 132g of KNO3?

Homework Equations



N/A

The Attempt at a Solution



1.306 mol/0.500 L solution x 2 mol ions/1 mol KNO3 = 5.224
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
oceanbreeze said:

Homework Statement



I tried to solve this question, but I'm not sure if my answer is correct.

What is the osmolarity of a 0.500 liter solution containing 132g of KNO3?

Homework Equations



N/A

The Attempt at a Solution



1.306 mol/1 L solution x 2 mol ions/1 mol KNO3 = 2.612

What is the volume of solution? You seem to have assumed it to be 1L.
 
It's 0.500L. I've reworked the equation, but I'm not sure how to proceed.
 
oceanbreeze said:
It's 0.500L. I've reworked the equation, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

What answer do you reach now?