1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Can you help with questions about a Masters degree? (Quantum Biology)

1. Jul 26, 2016 #1
    firstly I am a fresh graduate ... I studied biomedical physics and I am intending to get a master degree but I am hesitating about the field that i will study it ..!
    I am thinking about the Quantum Biology i need to know your opinion about this and to guide me how to choose the point of research .?!
    and do I can get a master degree in physics not biophysics ??

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2016 #2
    It depends on the programs, what courses you took as an undergrad, and how much you really learned in them.

There are a lot of programs out there with those names that really mean very different things.

Giving good advice requires a lot more information.

4. Jul 27, 2016 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

In addition to what Dr. Courtney said, it seems to me like you're approaching this backwards. It sounds like you want a master's degree and want advice on what you should take it in.

The reason most people pursue a masters degree (or any graduate degree) in the sciences is because they desire an advanced understanding of that subject - more than what they already know. The advanced degree is a means to accomplishing a deeper goal, not the goal itself.

You might want to start by asking yourself what you want to study or do research on. What kind of project would you enjoy?

5. Jul 27, 2016 #4
    Thank you for your reply Dr. Courtney and Choppy :) .. the problem with is not just i dont know what I want to study .. I am interesting in studying quantum physics but because I am a Biophysicist so it sound good Idea to study Quantum Biology. But when I tried to read about it I didn't understand clearly what the aim of studying this field that is why I am hesitating about this field ..?

6. Jul 27, 2016 #5

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I don't understand this at all. You want to go into quantum biology, yet, you don't know what it is. If you don't know what it is, why would you want to go into it?

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted